5 ways to boost bone health:Nov 9, 2020
- Stay Active: Stay active and be strong, this is key to healthy bones as well. Mobility and physical activity are required for bones and muscles to stay fit. Weight-bearing and strength training activities enhance bones and keep them healthy. You can indulge in activities you like such as dancing, cycling, playing a sport, etc.
- Quit smoking and excessive drinking: Tobacco and alcohol contribute to loss of bone mineral density and can make bones fragile. Weak and unhealthy bones are more prone to fractures and injuries. Make an active choice to quit smoking and stick to not more than 2-3 drinks per day.
- Calcium-rich food: Calcium is a vital mineral found in bones and is required for strong bone health. It should be consumed every day to protect the bones from weakness and damage. Choose food rich in calcium such as dairy products, fish with bones, dark leafy vegetables, etc.
- Dose of supplements: Sometimes nutritious food isn’t enough to fulfill your mineral intake. Bones need Calcium and Vitamin D for strength. Calcium and Vitamin D work together to provide the best results. Daily supplement consumption helps improve bone health without fuss. An example of the same is Ourdaily Calcium & Vitamin D3 tablets
- Healthy weight: Maintaining a healthy weight is important to ensure essential bone density. Underweight individuals have a higher risk of bone diseases. Being overweight also comes with a downside, it puts stress on bones and makes them brittle and weak.