Why does the body need Calcium and Vit D3?Nov 9, 2020
Wondering what the best nutrient pair is out there? It is Calcium and Vitamin D3!
These two nutrients are vital for the body and support each other to provide extra health benefits. Calcium is an essential mineral that the body needs to function well and keep bones strong and healthy. Vitamin D3 is a prohormone that aids the absorption of Calcium and has several other benefits.
Let’s know a little more about why the body needs these valuable nutrients:
The power of Calcium and Vitamin D3 combination:
Calcium and Vitamin D3 supplements are beneficial and together create magic! These supplements are best taken together because Calcium needs Vitamin D3 to be absorbed by the body. The two nutrients complement each other in the best way possible, for excellent bone and dental health.
Calcium and Vitamin D3 rich food is sometimes not enough for the body. Therefore it is best to consume the same through supplements and tablets. Everyday consumption of Calcium and D3 combination supplements is proven to be extremely vital to keep the body fit and healthy. Ourdaily Calcium & Vitamin D3 can be consumed for everyday nutrition and health. Together it promotes good bone and dental health, to avoid any developmental troubles in the future.
The goodness of Calcium:
- Bone and teeth: Calcium is the most abundant mineral present in the body and is extremely important for healthy functioning. It's mainly found in bones and teeth and therefore good intake is essential to keep them healthy. It ensures healthy growth, development, and maintenance of bones and prevents injuries and fractures
- Regulate muscle contraction: Calcium is important to regulate muscle contraction and keep them healthy and functioning. The proteins in the body need Calcium for the action of contraction. When the body pumps Calcium out of the muscles it helps them relax.
- Cardiovascular health: Calcium is key in the process of blood clotting. Blood clotting takes place via many steps and requires different chemicals, one of which is Calcium. It keeps the muscles around the heart healthy and maintains smooth functioning.
- Eases PMS: Periods are already a very uncomfortable time of the month and low Calcium levels can elevate pre-menstrual symptoms. Calcium helps ease down signs of PMS and helps in getting through. It helps reduce discomfort like fatigue, mood swings, bloating, craving, etc.
- Maintains pH levels: Calcium maintains healthy pH levels in the body by neutralizing acidic compounds. Daily intake of Calcium in the right quantity can help this process. Diet can include a lot of acidic food that could lead to problems in nutrient absorption and increase health risks. Therefore Calcium helps maintain an alkaline environment that provides healthy consequences.
The goodness of Vitamin D:
Bone and teeth: Vitamin D, a prohormone is an essential nutrient for many reasons but the main one being, its role in maintaining healthy bones and teeth. It plays an active part in maintaining phosphorus levels and regulating Calcium in the blood. The deficiency of Vitamin D3 can cause brittle bones and teeth, and make the body more prone to fractures and injuries. Vitamin D, a prohormone is an essential nutrient for many reasons but the main one being, its role in maintaining healthy bones and teeth. It plays an active part in maintaining phosphorus levels and regulating Calcium in the blood. The deficiency of Vitamin D3 can cause brittle bones and teeth, and make the body more prone to fractures and injuries.
Immunity and nervous system: Vitamin D3 helps boost the immune system to fight bad germs and prevent diseases. It also helps in supporting the brain and nervous system. Deficiency of the nutrient can cause problems in smooth functioning of the central nervous system (CNS).
Reduces risk of Type 2 Diabetes: Vitamin D3 is required for managing diabetes and insulin levels in the body. It helps increase insulin sensitivity which is important to reduce the risks of type 2 diabetes.
Hearth health: Ensure a well-functioning heart with your daily intake of Vitamin D3. Heart health is impacted via Vitamin D3 nutrition, therefore a deficiency of the same can lead to heart problems such as strokes. Vitamin D3 behaves like a heart tranquilizer and improves cardiovascular functioning. It keeps the walls around the heart strong and ensures healthy blood flow.
Mood: A good mood leads to good health! Vitamin D3 similarly works its magic. It helps reduce symptoms of clinical depression and uplifts mood. Ensuring good absorption of Vitamin D3 is crucial for a happy and healthy mood. So, get some sunshine and absorb your dose of Vitamin!
Health Benefits of Calcium